Thursday, April 24, 2008

Land Reform Meeting Chiang Mai Day 2

The meeting continued today. Here's my boss presenting.
At breaks I talked to different people about the usefulness of the two days. This gentleman is working on a group trying to start up a foundation to help farmers. For him it was a chance to meet a lot of people with the same interests.
This man is Karen nationality and he said the usefulness was in understanding the necessity of learning new ways to do things. The old ways will no longer work. But we also talked about Alaska Natives and how they face many of the same problems that the Thai hill tribes (Karen are often put in that category) face. Loss of language, loss of traditional ways of living off the land, others coming into their world and forcing changes, and general loss of their culture and way of life.

My foot is much better today. It was still a little bigger than the right foot, but I managed to get it into a shoe (normally I wear sandals) and by mid morning I was walking almost normally, but I'm sure it will be a little more time (hopefully days, not weeks) before it's normal again. But the benefits of the massage were very clear when I was riding my bike up hill. I felt really loose and comfortable. I know that was the massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.