Monday, February 09, 2009

็Headed To Bangkok

[Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 3pm Thai time] This evening the bus with about 50 farmers leaves for Bangkok. We'll get there early tomorrow morning. There will be a demonstration - other farmers will come from other regions and all join in Bangkok - and then tomorrow evening we all get on the bus and return.

It's going to cost about 800 baht (@$23) per person roundtrip on the bus. Someone just delivered the signs they will carry. About 1400 Kilometers (870 miles) round trip I don't totally understand. I asked if it was the right message. They want a property tax next year. And something about the land bank. I'm not allowed to protest, of course, but I do have my camera and I can document the protest. But I'm leaving the computer at home for J to use and I'll just have to find internet cafes.

I checked on whether the bus returns through Kamphaengphet where I was a Peace Corps volunteer and they said yes. So, I'm hoping on the way back I can stop for a day or two.

J wants to stay here and go to her Thai classes which are from 9-12 every day. She missed last Friday, but yesterday was a holiday so she should have been ok for that.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, I got a domain for my blog. Please update your blogroll and links with the new address: www.thinkalaska.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.