Saturday, September 05, 2009

Do they have to be good reviews?

Hello,

I'm Joy from SeoBlogReviews.com.

I would like to know if by any chance you would be interested in getting
paid to publish reviews of products and websites on your blog
http://whatdoino-steve.blogspot.com/.

If you are interested please let us know the amount of money you want in
order to publish a review by clicking the following link:

http://blog.seoblogreviews.com/default/index/15c9411a53e55fcd307e25997250113b

As soon as you do that we'll start sending you paid review proposals from
our customers.

Thanks,

The SeoBlogReviews.com Team



Should I even look? OK, after I wrote that I went and looked. Here's the part that makes me a poor choice. Aside from the fact that I have no idea what a reasonable asking price is.

"You'll receive MUCH MORE Paid Reviews Offers if you choose YES." Of course, because there are a lot of people who don't want readers to know that they are being hustled by the blogger. Well, I promise that won't happen here.

3 comments:

  1. Just a small peek into the world of money and influence.

    Does this mean I should ask my blogger friend Mel if she got PAID to give a thumbs-up on 'District 9' recently? [smile]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it has spam-smell. :P Once I got a comment from a culture bloggerand I thought it is a spam and later an other blogger told me that it is a kind of honour and not spam. Or she was wrong and I was right.

    "Hi Ropi! I am writing from PocketCultures. We try to show life in different countries around the world.

    Today we wrote about your blog in our Blogs of the World section. Please look here if you are interested to read more:

    http://pocketcultures.com/blogsoftheworld/2009/08/26/the-view-from-hungary/

    Please let me know in case of any problem. Thanks for your interesting blog!"

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay, the key is to "Know Your Blogger" so you can be sure it's genuine.

    Ropi, when I first began to blog I discovered that when I left a comment on someone else's blog, they often left one on mine. Obviously others discovered that and so you get those kinds of messages, "Hey your blog is great, come look at mine." But at least the message you got doesn't ask you to tell your readers something is great without telling them you are getting paid to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.