Monday, May 16, 2011

More Broken Glass: Potter Marsh Vandalism








You'd think a photo of a piece of paper on a post would be easy.  But the wind was blowing and the light was glaring and I was being attacked by Arctic Terns.  OK, we did see a couple of Arctic Terns but they weren't attacking.


Here's a good assignment for a writing class:

Write a 1000 word essay about the vandalism at Potter Marsh with the vandal as the narrator.

You know that it must have felt like the right thing to do at the time.  Where does that sort of anger toward the world come from?  (See, I'm already assuming anger.)



But I'd brought my own binoculars so I could still see the few birds braving the cold wind.   A few green winged teals and what I think were American widgeons where the nicest we saw.   It's times like these that I covet a bigger, better camera with a telephoto lens. 


























BTW, the vandals missed a few of the scopes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.