Monday, April 09, 2012

Old Alaskana Art At Airport

I'm waiting for my flight to Juneau for a meeting of the Pathway group (formally known as DELTA, the worst ever acronym) that works to prevent intimate partner violence in Alaska. So I took advantage of being here early to walk down terminal B and saw some artwork I hadn't seen before. Looks a little like piles of luggage scattered around, but it's all old Alaskana. I couldn't find anything that identified the artist or the name of the piece(s).









The waders in the upper left are part of the collection of pieces
\

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised that the airport allowed art resembling abandoned luggage! It's surprising that Thousands Standing Around didn't object.

    I wonder how many folks have called airport security to report the "abandoned luggage"?

    Surprised to see you today, and I hope to catch up with you for a libation of some kind, if not a meal.

    d

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.